Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Peach Tart

Upon flipping through Baking: From my home to yours, I found an easy looking tart (Parisian Apple Tartlet, pg 319), and decided to put my own twist on it. I did try it with the apple, and it was alright, but I wasn't a huge fan of the texture of the large chunks of apple and decided to try it with a softer fruit - peaches!


The following recipe will make 4 tarlets
Ingredients:
1/2 box of frozen puff pastry (I used tenderflake)
2 peaches pealed, with pit removed
Light brown sugar to taste
2 tsp butter
Cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
1. Thaw the puff pastry, and roll out to about 1/8th of an inch thick. Cut circles out of the dough, you want the circles to be about 4", this may need to be larger if you are using large peachs. You need to have the circles have at least 1/4" boarder around the peach (more is better).
2. Cut each peach half in quarters and place in the center of the pastry circle.
3. Sprinkle the peach with brown sugar (the riper the peaches, the less sugar should be needed), and place 1/2 tsp of butter on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired (I did this and it was great)
4. Bake on a lined baking sheet at 400F (center rack) for 25 mintues.

Reviews: These were really easy to make and very cute. Everyone enjoyed them.

1 comment:

Lorena Sims said...

Oh, yummy!!! Sign me up for those!