Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Peach Chipotle BBQ Sauce


I tried some of this at a craft fair last year and loved it, however the price was pretty steep for buying regularly (especially if I was going to have to get it shipped) so when I got this year's peaches I decided to try making my own. After a little surfing I found this Peach Chipotle BBQ Sauce recipe, and changed it a little for my own tastes. What I did is below.

Ingredients:
6 cups of chopped fresh peaches (pealed and pitted)
1 small to medium onion
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp Chili ketchup
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 chipotle chile in adobo
1 tbsp miniced garlic
1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt

How to:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture to a pot and simmer on low heat until thick (use your own judgment here, I like a thick sauce so I let it simmer for a while).
3. Enjoy!

This was great, sweet with a little kick at the end. We had it on steak that night and everyone loved it.

No comments: