Sunday, September 27, 2009

Individual Serving Freezer Cheesecake



So lately I am finding myself more and more interested in putting simple things in my freezer. After the mini pies, I saw that Lloyd and Lauren had also done mini cheesecakes! Oh, cheesecake, mmmmmm. I knew I had to try this. I got the recipe for the cheesecake from Martha's Kentucky Cookin'.

Ingredients:
4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 a block)
½ cup sugar
1 egg, separated
½ cup whipping cream
½ cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tbsp butter

caramel sauce, bailey’s, or other flavors you might like to try

6 - 4 ounce (1/2 cup) canning jars

Directions:
1. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and the softened butter to form a crumb mixture, set aside.
2. With a mixer beat the cream cheese until it is fluffly, then add the sugar and egg yolk beating until it is creamy.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they form peaks, do the same in a third bowl with the whipping cream.
4. Fold the egg whites into the cream cheese, followed by the whipped cream.
5. Put 1 tbsp of the graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of each jar and pat into place. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the crumbs until it is about ½ from the top of the jar.
6. At this point I add the flavor, so I can have a few of each. I used about ¼ to ½ tsp caramel Sunday topping or 1 to 1 ½ tsp of Bailey’s. Add the flavor to the jar and use a knife to fold in the flavor, I like mine so I can still see streaks of the flavor.

From left to right: Plain, Bailey's, Caramel
7. Put the lid on the jar and place in the freezer.

When ready to eat, just remove from the freezer and let it warm for 3-5 minutes, then enjoy.

Reviews:
I tried the caramel one the day after putting these in the freezer, and now I am not sure how long these will last in my freezer. It is a light and airy cheesecake, that is not only delicious but addicting. Writing this post is already got me heading for the freezer …..

No comments: