Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cookie Dough Topped Brownies


Cookie Dough Topped Brownies

I saw these on My Kitchen Café (how on earth I didn’t find this fantastic sight sooner is beyond me) and thought it looked like a great idea. We were heading out to a friends cabin, and they had requested that I bring “anything chocolate” so naturally I decided it was a good time to try these with some fresh guinea pigs.

I used my own brownie recipe, but My Kitchen Café’s cookie dough recipe.

Brownies:
½ cup margerine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
½ cup flour

1. In a saucepan melt the butter over low heat. Once the butter is melted stir in the brown sugar, stir until smooth.
2. Add in the egg, vanilla and cocoa powder, stirring until smooth.
3. Add the flour and mix until combined (no lumps). Pour into a lined/buttered 8x8 pan.
4. Bake at 350F for 20 to 23 minutes (they will be very soft coming out of the oven but will firm up as they cool).
5. Let the brownies cool while you mix the cookie dough.

Cookie Dough
1/2 cup (1 cube) butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown Sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Cream the butter and sugars together until they are light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla.
2. Gradually add the flour into the dough until it is combined.
3. Mix in the chocolate chips (I used chocolate chunks)
4. Spread on the top of the cooled brownies. (I know that this amount of cookie dough was originally used on a 9X13 pan of brownies, but I wanted a nice thick layer of cookie dough and used the full amount on the smaller pan of brownies.)

Reviews:
These took my back to my youth when I would sit in the kitchen waiting for my cookies to bake while eating the dough by the spoonful (alight so maybe that was just last month).

Anyways, when told what I was making I got the comment “you can do that?” and lots of “That is fantastic”. The brownies lived up the expectations and I heard raves all weekend. These will be made again, and I have a feeling that friends will be requesting them as word gets around – lets just hope that the hockey team never hears of these marvelous creations!


Free Blog Counter


No comments: