Saturday, May 30, 2009

Peanut Butter with Chocolate - Cookies

I was in need of some peanut butter the other day and while in the isle and trying to decide if I wanted smooth or crunchy, I found this:


That is right, Peanut Butter with Chocolate. I knew I had to get it. I got it home and dug in, well, it tasted more of peanut butter with a faint chocolate taste in it, but it was okay. Now what to do it, my first thought was cookies so I tried on of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipes ( Grandma Ruth’s recipe from the 4H cookbook), just used this instead of regular peanut butter. The result was a yummy cookie, with just a hint of chocolate flavor - the color gives you an indication that they is something different about this cookie despite the peanut butter aroma.




Peanut Butter Cookies
½ cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg
½ cup Chocolate Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

Cream together the butter and the sugars, add in the egg, peanut butter and vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
Roll cookies into a ball and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Using a clean fork press the cookies down creating a criss cross pattern on the top of each cookie.
Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 mintues.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

peanut butter and chocolate... enough said. :)