Thursday, January 10, 2008
Homemade "Oreo" Cookies
I have no idea were I got this recipe from or if I have tweaked it over the years, but it is a friend favourite and I am always getting asked for them. So goes this "recpie"
1 chocolate (devils food) cake mix
eggs (the nmber required for the cake mix, usually 2 or 3)
Oil (the amount specified on the cake mix box)
Your favourite icing
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the cake mix in a bowl and use a fork to remove all the clumps from the mix.
3. Add the eggs and oil to the mix and mix into a batter, trying to get out as many of the clumps of mix as possible.
4. Drop batter onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (the cookies will be poofy, but a toothpick will come out clean).
5. Let cool on a wire rack.
6. Once cool match the cookies to cookies that are of a simular size. Put icing on one half and top with the other cookie.
These cookies are super good and they never last long. My BIL always hids any he gets to keep them away from his brothers, and now it is starting to become a "tradition" that we make these cookies together when we see each other. Below is my BIL putting the icing on the cookies we made over the holidays - this entire batch disapeared into his room shortly after this.