I was looking for something different for supper and came across this in some recipes Owen's Aunt gave me.
2 cups flour
1 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water
2 tsp oil
Anything you want!
We used - pizza sauce
chopped green and red pepper
shredded chedder cheese
1. Mix the warm water, yeast and sugar together in a boil. Let the yeast "foam" for 10 minutes.
2. Add in the oil and flour. Mix/knead into a dough.
3. Let rise for 1 hour.
4. Divide into 8 or 4 balls of dough, depending on how large you want the finished calzone to be. Dividing it into 8 balls, roll each ball out into a 3-4inch circle.
5. Onto each circle put in the desired toppings.
6. Fold over and seal using water and pinching the edges together with water.
7. Brush or spray the top of each calzone with oil/butter. Sprinkle with italian spices and parsean cheese.
8. Bake 20 minutes at 350F, if a browner outside is desired broil for 1-2mintues.
This were delicious and I the batch was big enough that Owen had leftovers for lunch! I look forward to making these again and trying different fillings such as spinach and ricotta cheese!