Thursday, December 13, 2007
So, chocolate is out of my diet for this season, and all my baking lately has involving chocolate, so I wanted to make something I could actually eat. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I halfed the recipe I found and it worked really well, I can't imagine doing it in a larger batch.
13 cups popped popcorn
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup margerine
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Place popcorn in a greased pan - I used a tinfoil lined roast pan, with no grease and it worked really well. Disposible roasting pans would also work well.
2. In a pot mix brown sugar, margerine and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes
3. Add the baking soda and vanilla, stir in until it becomes light and foamy.
4. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and give a quick stir ( you do not have to fully coat the popcorn at this time).
5 Bake for 1 hour at 250F, stir every 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and dump corn out onto waxed paper, serparate into pices and allow to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.