Monday, June 28, 2010

Grilled Salmon Steaks




For Father’s day, we were visiting with both sets of parents. O and I decided that for a special treat for the parents we would pick up some fresh fish at the local fish market and grill it for them. They had some great looking salmon that we picked up and took home. I decided to marinade the steaks before grilling them and found a great looking recipe on all recipes. I changed the recipe a little just to make it easier and so I had to handle to fish less – I am not a huge fan of fish.

Ingredients:
1 ½ lbs salmon ( I used steaks)
Lemon pepper to taste – about ½ to 1 tbsp
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
¼ cup vegetable oil

Direction:
1.Mix together the lemon pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, brown sugar, water and vegetable oil.
2.Pour the marinade into a large Ziploc bag and add the salmon. Press out the air and seal. Marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours (I had mine in for a few more hours).
3.Grill the salmon over medium heat on the grill, until it flakes easily. Don’t overcook or it will become dry.

Reviews:
Everyone loved the salmon! The marinade was simple and didn’t overpower the fish. It was a big hit and some people thought it was better than any salmon they had ever had a restaurant.

No comments: