Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cookie Dough brownies


So, I had a bad day at work yesterday and was in desperate need of baking therapy and comfort food, and what says "its all okay" better than a brownie or chocolate chip cookies? Then I remembered the recipe I had recently seen on one of my favorite blogs - Bakerella. Now, I don't use mixes very often for anything and didn't have even any of my "emergency mixes" in the cupboard so I did a from scratch version. I picked a brownie batter that I use for a slightly cakey brownie, my favourite chocolate chip recipe and tried my brownies.

I ended up with way more cookie dough than was needed, so as an extra bonus I got some chocolate chip cookies as well

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
Chocolate Chips ( I used ½ a 350g bag)

1.Cream together the margerine/butter, and the sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2.Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into the creamed mixture.
3.Stir in the chocolate chips.

Brownie Batter:
1 cup butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt

1.Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium Heat. Add cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
2.Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
3.Mix the flour and salt, then add to the chocolate mixture.

To Make the Brownies:


1.Pour the brownie batter into a greased or paper lined 9x13 baking pan.
2.Spoon cookie batter into the brownie batter in the pan and gently push down. (Note I only used about ½ of the cookie batter for this, the rest I used to actually make cookies.)
3.Bake at 350F for about 35 minutes.

No comments: