Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Perogie Casserole!

I needed a quick supper one night that I could just through together quickly. I found a bag of perogies in the freezer and remembered a casserole that my friend and old roommate used to make that was great. I knew I had everthing I needed (including a greenpepper in desperate need of being used), but I couldn’t find the recipe – even allrecipe.com yielded no help. Then I stumbled across the recipe on another blog – r2bcluvs2cook. Thank you r2bc for posting this recipe.

Ingredients:
20 perogies (frozen)
1 onion chopped
¼ cup milk
1 tbsp butter
½ cup cooked ham
1 green pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
¼ cup shredded chedder cheese

How To:
1. In a skillet sauté the onion and green pepper with the butter for 5 mintues.
2. Combine in a medium sized casserole dish the onion, green pepper, ham and frozen perogies.
3. Mix the milk and cream of mushroom soup together and pour over casserole.
4. Top with the shredded chedder cheese.
5. Bake at 375C for 35 minutes.

Reviews:
I have always loved this casserole and was excited to make it again. I found it to be a little runny as far as casseroles go, but this could be easily fixed by adding a little less milk, or a few more perogies.

Hubby thought this was a great casserole and happily took all the leftovers (oh, and I for once had leftovers, the bottomless pit that is my husband wasn’t able to eat the whole thing in one night, although that may be due to going to a friends place for the evening.)

I am sorry there is no picture, but alas, my camera batteries have died.

No comments: