Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blueberry "Mojito"


I was having drinks with friends this summer when I had a blueberry mojito. It was delicious, and I have found myself wanting one ever since. The only thing about it I could remember was that it was made with blueberry vodka, so when I saw blueberry infused vodka on Keep it simple, I knew I had to try it.

I followed the directions and left 2/3 cups of vodka sit in 2 cups of vodka overnight, then ran it through a coffee filter to come out with a nicely colored vodka (that albeit still pretty much tasted like vodka if drinking it straight).


In a glass crush some blueberries and mint leaves. Then add 1 ounce of the blueberry vodka and top with sprite. Enjoy.


I know this isn't a true Mojito, and really all it seems to have in common pretty much is the mint - but it is a tasty drink! You don't have to use sprite/7up, but I like the lemon lime flavor it adds.

No comments: