Monday, June 29, 2009

Grilled Stuffed Chicken



We were visiting our friends at their cabin one weekend, when they brought out the Weber How To Grill book, and raved. Well I spend a few hours that weekend flipping through that book, again, and again, and again. Everything in there looked so good and I couldn’t wait to try some of them. However, I have had some trouble finding the book at a reasonable price so I tried to make this one from memory.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
2 slices provolone cheese
Prosciutto
Fresh Basil
Butcher string

How to:
1. Thaw the chicken breasts. Put the breasts between saran wrap and flatten with a heavy skillet or a tenderizer.
2. On top of the flat chicken breast layer 1 slice of cheese, prosciutto and 1-2 leaves of basil (I suggest 1 small leaf, but if you really like basil go for more).
3. Roll the breast around the fillings and tie with butchers string.
4. Grill on medium heat for about 15 minutes. (Turning every 3-4 minutes), until chicken is cooked.
5. Enjoy!

Reviews:
These were really good, but as I said, watch how much basil you put in each of them. I can’t wait to make them again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those sound awesome! I'll definitely have to give them a try.